ZevenOS-Neptune, a Linux operating system with software optimized for slower computers and with elements of BeOS, has just reached version 3.0 Beta 2.
ZevenOS-Neptune 3.0 Beta 2 has been dubbed “Brotkasten” and it's the second development released for the 64bit version of Neptune.
The developers have explained that this is not a stable release and that they are using a beta version of KDE Plasma Desktop.
Highlights of ZevenOS-Neptune 3.0 Beta 2:
• Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.6.9;
• KDE SC has been updated to version 4.10 Beta 2;
• New default font settings have been implemented;
• The graphical advanced installer has been removed;
• LibreOffice has been updated.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download ZevenOS-Neptune 3.0 Beta 2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.