Some of the most important applications also received updates
ZevenOS-Neptune, a Linux operating system with software optimized for slower computers and with elements of BeOS, has just reached version 3.0 Beta 1.ZevenOS-Neptune 3.0 Beta 1 brings some important changes. First of all, the developers have decided to only release the 64-bit version. Secondly, the distribution was switched from Debian Testing to Debian Wheezy.
Highlights of ZevenOS-Neptune 2.5.1:
• Kernel was updated to version 3.5.4;
• KDE SC was updated to version 4.9.1;
• Newest Amarok, VLC, KDEnlive, Audacity versions have been added;
• LibreOffice was updated to version 18.104.22.168;
• A new tweaked default configuration has been introduced.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download ZevenOS-Neptune 3.0 Beta 1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.