The distribution is based on Linux kernel 3.5 and Xorg 7.7
ZevenOS-Neptune, a Linux operating system with software optimized for slower computers and with elements of BeOS, has just reached version 5.0 .ZevenOS 5.0 is based on Xubuntu 12.10 and is compatible with the Ubuntu repositories, implementing a lot of updated packages such as Kernel 3.5, Xorg 7.7 and Pulseaudio 2.1.
Highlights of ZevenOS 5.0:
• The Deskbar was replaced by xfce4-panel “deskbar” mode. The previous Deskbar can be downloaded from the repository;
• OpenShot 1.4.3 with Youtube Upload support has been implemented;
• Abiword 2.9.2 has been added;
• A lot of packages were updated, such as Audacity 2.0, Claws-Mail 3.8.1, Firefox 17, Gimp 2.8, and Inkscape 0.48;
• Thunar was updated to version 1.5.3 and now supports tabs and a side panel;
• The default GTK-Theme has been updated.
More details about this new release can be found in the official announcement.
Download ZevenOS 5.0 right now from Softpedia.