ZevenOS-Neptune, a Linux operating system with software optimized for slower computers and with elements of BeOS, has just reached version 5.0 .
ZevenOS 5.0 is based on Xubuntu 12.10 and is compatible with the Ubuntu repositories, implementing a lot of updated packages such as Kernel 3.5, Xorg 7.7 and Pulseaudio 2.1.
Highlights of ZevenOS 5.0:
• The Deskbar was replaced by xfce4-panel “deskbar” mode. The previous Deskbar can be downloaded from the repository;
• OpenShot 1.4.3 with Youtube Upload support has been implemented;
• Abiword 2.9.2 has been added;
• A lot of packages were updated, such as Audacity 2.0, Claws-Mail 3.8.1, Firefox 17, Gimp 2.8, and Inkscape 0.48;
• Thunar was updated to version 1.5.3 and now supports tabs and a side panel;
• The default GTK-Theme has been updated.
More details about this new release can be found in the official announcement.
Download ZevenOS 5.0 right now from Softpedia.