Zeroshell, a Linux distribution for servers and embedded devices aimed at providing the main network services with a LAN, is now at version 2.0 RC2.
Zeroshell 2.0 RC2 is available as a Live CD or Compact Flash image and users can configure it by using the internet browser.
Highlights of Zeroshell 2.0 RC2:
• Support for the load balancing and fault tolerance of multiple connections to the Internet has been improved;
• Users can now keep Standby PPPoE (xDSL) and UMTS/HSDPA connections, activating the PPP protocol only in the event of absence of connectivity from other accesses;
• The Failover mechanism has been improved, with check-in Layer 2 as well as with ICMP;
• The VPN Bonding for bandwidth aggregation and failover of the LAN-to-LAN connections has been improved;
• Several system bugs were fixed, especially a problem that causes the freezing of the Captive Portal under high load.
Check out the official announcement for a complete list of changes and updates.
Download Zeroshell 2.0 RC2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.