The latest version of SMPlayer can be downloaded from Softpedia
SMPlayer, a complete media player for Linux that is based on MPlayer as the playback engine and that uses its own codecs, is now at version 0.8.4.SMPlayer 0.8.4 may not be a major release, but the developers have brought back the YouTube functionality.
Highlights of SMPlayer 0.8.4:
• A new option has been added and users can now select the FPS for external subtitles;
• The video equalizer dialog has been rewritten;
• SMPlayer now checks for updates automatically and notifies the user if a new version is found;
• Support has been added for encoding ISO-8859-16 for subtitles;
• New translations, Thai and Hebrew, have been integrated;
• A few bugfixes were repaired in this version;
• YouTube is working again.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download SMPlayer 0.8.4 right now from Softpedia.