Yad (Yet Another Dialog), a fork of Zenity with many improvements, such as custom buttons, additional dialogs, pop-up menu in notification icon and more, is now at version 0.18.0.
The developer has explained his reasons for this fork. One of them is to remove dependencies on deprecated libraries, such as libglade and gnome-canvas.
The other reason for the development of Yad is the fact that Zenity seems to have been abandoned.
Highlights of Yad (Yet Another Dialog) 0.18.0:
• A new notebook dialog has been added;
• A --button-layout option has been added;
• Markup is now used for bar labels in multiprogress dialog;
• --align now works for multi-progress too;
• Wrap for multiline text fields now works in form dialog;
• Radio and hidden column types have been added in list dialog.
Check out the changelog for a complete list of updates.
Download Yad (Yet Another Dialog) 0.18.0 right now from Softpedia.