Xonotic, a free and fast-paced first-person shooter for multiple platforms, including Linux, has reached version 0.7.
Xonotic combines arena-style gameplay with rapid movement and a wide array of weapons. More importantly, it's the successor of the Nexuiz project.
Highlights of Xonotic 0.7:
• The classic game modes that define Xonotic have been updated and Capture The Flag has been complete rewritten;
• Full animation blending has been implemented in the playermodel rendering;
• New competitive-oriented features, such as arrival of simple items provides 2D rendering of sprites for item pickups instead of models, have been added;
• The new QuakeC compiler is now used;
• The in-game message system has been completely re-written;
• Four major maps have been updated.
A complete description of the update can be found in the official announcement.
Download Xonotic 0.7 right now from Softpedia.