The final version of XOrg Server is expected to arrive on March 5
The X.Org Foundation has announced that a new version of their XOrg Server is now available for download.According to the developers, X.Org X server 1.14.0 RC2 is the release candidate in the 1.14 branch and comes with just a few bugfixes.
Highlights of XOrg Server 1.14.0 RC2:
• Make small bitfields that store enums unsigned;
• "removing GPU device" format string mistake has been corrected;
• A null-pointer dereference has been avoided in XTestFakeInput;
• Main page shouldn't say Device is mandatory anymore;
• Bring the X screen window to the front on a single left-click on the tray icon;
• Record grab pointer in TouchListener.
A number of bugs and problems have remained active as detailed in the official announcement, where you can also find a complete list and changes for this version.
Download XOrg Server 1.14.0 RC2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.