XBMC, an open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub for digital media that is available for multiple platforms, is now at version 12 RC2.XBMC 12 RC 2 has been dubbed Frodo and brings tons of fixes, but the most important change is by far the introduction of Android Support.
Highlights of XBMC 12 RC2:
• HD audio support, including DTS-MA and Dolby True-HD, via the new XBMC AudioEngine, has been added;
• Live TV and PVR support have been added;
• h.264 10bit (aka Hi10P) video software decoding for anime is now available;
• Improved image support, allowing the database to accommodate numerous additional image types, has been implemented;
• Initial support for the Android platform has been added.
A complete list of changes can be found in the official announcement.
Download XBMC 12 RC2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.