The next version will be available a year from now, in 2013
The X.Org Foundation has just released the version 7.7 of their X11 project, which provides an open source implementation of the X Window System.According to the developers, this is the eighth modular release of the X Window System, and the next version is scheduled to arrive in 2013.
Highlights of X.Org 7.7:
· Multi-touch events are now supported for touchpads and touchscreens found on many tablets and recent laptops;
· Xinput extension features were added in version 2.1;
· The X.Org documentation has been modernized;
· Fence objects are now available in version 3.1 of the Synchronization (“Sync”) extension;
· Pointer barriers were added by X Fixes extension;
· The XCB libraries have started providing support for the GLX and XKB extensions.
A complete list of changes and new features can be found in the official announcement.
Download X.Org 7.7 right now from Softpedia.
Follow us on Google+