On August 2, Alexandre Julliard announced a new development version of the Wine app, which brings assorted bug fixes and improvements.
After releasing a major version only a short while ago, 1.6.0, the Wine developers started work on the the next branch.
Highlights of Wine 1.7.0:
• Support has been added for the vertical text in the Postscript driver;
• Version 2 of liblcms used now instead of version 1;
• Unicode data has been updated to Unicode 6.2.0;
• Hyperlink controls are now supported in installers;
• Support has been added for XML attributes.
More details about this release can be found in the official changelog.
Download Wine 1.7.0 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.