A large number of changes and improvements have been implemented in this version
QEMU, a generic and open source emulator and virtualizer that can run OSes and programs made for a different machine, is now at version 1.4.0.QEMU 1.4.0 supports virtualization when executing under the Xen hypervisor or using the KVM kernel module in Linux.
Highlights of QEMU 1.4.0:
• Improved support for MSI-X on some Mellanox devices;
• VFIO supports PCIe extended configuration space;
• Various CPU usage and throughput improvements have been put in place for USB 2.0;
• usb-tablet can be connected as an USB 2.0 device, also lowering the CPU usage substantially;
• virtio-net supports multiqueue operation;
• Support for IndustryPack emulation has been added;
• Support for DSP instructions has been improved;
• Generation of APIC IDs for NUMA configuration is now compatible with the Intel 64 Architecture Processor Topology Enumeration.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download QEMU 1.4.0 right now from Softpedia.