Both games received some important updates for the open source platform
After launching the original Half-Life and Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta on Steam for Linux, Valve has now started to push updates for the two games.Both games are pretty stable, especially after so many updates over the years, but it seems that the version for the Linux platform will need some further improvements.
Here are some highlights for the new Half-Life update (it also applies to Counter-Strike 1.6 Beta):
• A crash which occurred if you had invalid data for a key bind in your config.cfg, has been fixed;
• A crash for older opengl drivers (ones without FBO support) has been repaired;
• Don't quit the game if a server attempt to make you load an invalid model, just disconnect from the server;
• A crash on changelevel, which occurred if the save data was not available, has been fixed;
• The keypad period key was not binding properly.
More details about Half-Life and can be found on the official Steam website.