The sixth maintenance release has brought quite a few improvements
VideoLAN Media Player, or just simply VLC, a software designed to run all kinds of media files, ranging from simple DVDs, to video and audio files, and even online streams, is now at version 2.0.6.VLC has spent years in the 1.x branch, but the developers have increased the pace a little and now they've just released the fourth maintenance release, getting the version to 2.0.6.
Highlights of VideoLAN Media Player (VLC) 2.0.6:
• HTTPS playback has been fixed and certain security certificates are no longer rejected;
• A crash that occurred due to broken asf files has been fixed;
• MKV behavior, with unknown or new ebml elements, has been corrected;
• A crash that happened in the Ogg demuxer has been corrected;
• A regression, that occurred on some palleted codecs in AVI, has been fixed;
• The Vimeo playlist parser received various improvements.
A complete list of changes and fixes can be found in the official changelog. Also, check our VLC 2.0.0 review we did a while back.
Download VideoLAN Media Player (VLC) 2.0.6 right now from Softpedia.