The developers of Unvanquished, a free, open-source first-person shooter combining real-time strategy elements with a futuristic and sci-fi setting, have just released the 17th Alpha version.
The work on the Unvanquished continues at a steady pace and it shows no signs of slowing down. It's unsure how many of these Alphas will be released, but a playable version should arrive by the end of 2013.
Highlights of Unvanquished Alpha 17:
• Preliminary shadows have been implemented in the GL3 renderer;
• Plat23 and Thunde maps have been updated;
• A universal zip is now available for the game;
• A new NetRadiant build is now shipped with updates for Unvanquished;
• Various bot improvements have been implemented.
More details about this amazingly-looking game can be found on the official website. Keep in mind that it's a work in progress and bugs are bound to happen.
Download Unvanquished Alpha 17 right now from Softpedia.