After the release of Ubuntu 12.10 Beta 2 (Quantal Quetzal) on September 27th, Canonical announced the immediate availability of their operating system for the audio, video, and graphic enthusiast or professional, Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Beta 2.
Highlights of Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Beta 2:
• A fixed text plymouth theme has been added;
• qmidiroute has been added to audio workflow to cover missing functionality;
• Software Center menu items have been set up for our workflows;
• A bug team has been created in Launchpad;
• Open-clip-art package has been added to graphics seed;
• Mixer applications have been moved from media playback menu to the audio menu;
• Submenu icons for accessories, education and network have been repaired;
• Nautilus is now the default file manager.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Beta 2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.