After the release of Ubuntu 12.10 Beta 1 (Quantal Quetzal) on September 6th, Canonical announced the immediate availability of their operating system for the audio, video, and graphic enthusiast or professional, Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Beta 1.
Highlights of Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Beta 1:
• A new web page is now available and the help button on the main menu now points to the right place;
• The menu has been fixed and the audio production tools have been moved out of Media Playback;
• A MIDI router and MIDI tools menu have been added to the distribution;
• Task Manager has been switched to System Monitor for better memory use display;
• Users can now change their menu with the help of a new tool.
Download Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Beta 1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.