The developers have implemented a few changes in this version
After the release of Ubuntu 12.10 Alpha 3 (Quantal Quetzal), Canonical announced the immediate availability of their operating system for the audio, video, and graphic enthusiast or professional, Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Alpha 3.Highlights of Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Alpha 3:
• A new web page is now available and the help button on the main menu points to that location;
• The menu has been fixed by moving the audio production tools out of Media Playback;
• The developers have added a MIDI router and a MIDI tools menu;
• Task Manager has been switched to System Monitor for better memory use display;
• A main menu tool has been added to settings, which allows the users to change their menu.
Download Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Alpha 3 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is an alpha version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.