After the release of Ubuntu 12.10 Alpha 3 (Quantal Quetzal), Canonical announced the immediate availability of their operating system for the audio, video, and graphic enthusiast or professional, Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Alpha 3.
Highlights of Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Alpha 3:
• A new web page is now available and the help button on the main menu points to that location;
• The menu has been fixed by moving the audio production tools out of Media Playback;
• The developers have added a MIDI router and a MIDI tools menu;
• Task Manager has been switched to System Monitor for better memory use display;
• A main menu tool has been added to settings, which allows the users to change their menu.
Download Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Alpha 3 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is an alpha version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.