Canonical has announced on September 27th the immediate availability for download and testing of Ubuntu Server 12.10 Beta 2, along with Ubuntu 12.10 Beta 2, Lubuntu 12.10 Beta 2, and Kubuntu 12.10 Beta 2.
Highlights of Ubuntu Server 12.10 Beta 2:
• RADOS Gateway (S3 and Swift Compatible) have been added;
• Performance improvements on x86 architectures, through use of gperftools, have been implemented;
• Openstack instance architecture detection support was added;
• Starting with Ubuntu 12.10, the Ubuntu Cloud Images no longer have the 'ubuntu' user pre-populated in the images;
• Apache Tomcat 7 is provided by default;
• A new version of MAAS has been made available.
A complete list of changes can be found in the official announcement.
Download Ubuntu Server 12.10 Beta 2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.