Canonical has announced today, September 6th, the immediate availability for download and testing of Ubuntu Server 12.10 Beta 1, along with Ubuntu 12.10 Beta 1, Lubuntu 12.10 Beta 1, and Kubuntu 12.10 Beta 1.
Highlights of Ubuntu Server 12.10 Beta 1:
• Juju Charm Store policy has been implemented;
• Ceph has been updated to 0.48.1;
• radosgw and google-perftools are now available;
• Floodlight and mininet package have been made available;
• OpenStack Folsom testing packages have been made available;
• Openstack instance architecture detection support was added, and heterogeneous scheduler for ARM is now completed;
• armhf cloud images are now available;
• cloud-init support config drive v2 is now available;
• Apache Tomcat 7 is now provided as default. Existing installations of tomcat6 will continue to function.
Download Ubuntu Server 12.10 Beta 1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.