Ubuntu Privacy Remix, a distribution which aims to provide an isolated working environment where sensitive data can be dealt safely, is now at version 10.04r3.
According to the developers, the system installed on the computer running Ubuntu Privacy Remix remains untouched, as UPR is not intended for permanent installation on hard disk.
Highlights of Ubuntu Privacy Remix 10.04r3:
• The current distribution is based on Ubuntu 10.0.4;
• A new kernel based on Linux 3.0.26, which adds support for a lot of (newer) hardware, has been implemented;
• The GPG-Frontend was updated, bugs were fixed and new features added;
• The handling of TrueCrypt volumes has been further improved. It is now possible to check fully-encrypted drives. New options for fixing more difficult filesystem damages were added;
• Multimedia codecs have been added so that now (nearly) all common audio and video formats can be played.
A complete list of changes and improvements can be found in the official announcement.
Download Ubuntu Privacy Remix 10.04r3 right now from Softpedia.