The first edition of this distribution, under Canonical's tutelage, is out for grabs
Ubuntu GNOME 13.04 (Raring Ringtail) has been announced by Canonical. This is the first official major release for this flavor of Ubuntu.The Ubuntu GNOME developers have said that their goal is to provide the purest GNOME experience, and the 13.04 is their chance to make that promise happen.
Highlights of Ubuntu GNOME 13.04 (Raring Ringtail):
• Epiphany has been ditched and replaced with Mozilla Firefox;
• The Ubuntu Software Center and Update Manager have been replaced by GNOME Software (gnome-packagekit);
• LibreOffice 4.0 has been implemented instead of Abiword and Gnumeric;
• The distribution uses GNOME 3.6 as default, but the 3.8 branch can be added through a PPA;
• Linux kernel 3.8.8 has been used for the distribution.
A complete list of changes and improvements can be found in the official announcement.
Download Ubuntu GNOME 13.04 (Raring Ringtail) right now from Softpedia.