UberStudent, a Linux distribution for learning, doing, and teaching academic success at the higher education and advanced secondary levels, is now at 3.0 (Plato).
UberStudent 3.0 (Plato) retains a traditional desktop environment and it's based on Xfce. The distribution aims to be a complete, ready-to-go, and "out-of-the-box" Learning Platform for education.
Highlights of UberStudent 3.0 (Plato):
• The distribution uses Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail) as the base;
• Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.8;
• The Xfce desktop environment has been updated to version 4.10;
• A Dedicated UberStudent repository has been set;
• 32-bit and 64-bit versions have been made available;
• This latest version is 1 GB lighter than the prior versions;
• Calibre is no longer installed by default.
Check out the official announcement for more details about the distribution.
Download UberStudent 3.0 right now from Softpedia.