TurnKey Core Live CD, the common base system on top of which all TurnKey Linux appliances are built, has now reached version 12.0 RC.TurnKey Core Live CD 12.0 RC is based on Debian Squeeze 6.0.4, upgrading several key components and fixing some important bugs.
Highlights of TurnKey Core Live CD 12 RC:
· Linux kernel 2.6-686;
· The default locale is now set to en_US.UTF-8;
· di-live was updated to the latest version compatible with Squeeze;
· bootsplash generation was updated in order to be compatible with Squeeze;
· webmin was upgraded to 1.580;
· LSB compatibility was fixed;
· Log files generated during build were removed;
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement.
Download Turnkey Core Live CD 12.0 RC right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.