BackBox, a Linux distribution based on Ubuntu that has been developed to perform penetration tests and security assessments, is now at version 3.09.BackBox 3.09 is meant to be fast, easy to use, and to provide a minimal desktop environment. It benefits from its personal repositories and its hacking tools are always up to date to the latest and most stable versions.
Highlights of BackBox 3.09:
• The Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.8;
• An EFI mode and Anonymous mode have been added;
• Various system improvements have been implemented;
• The update menu has been improved;
• A new Anonymous mode (Tor transparent proxy) has been implemented;
• The Forensic menu has been improved.
Check out the official announcement for a complete list of changes and hardware requirements. Download BackBox 3.09 right now from Softpedia.