The Document Foundation has announced that the first Release Candidate for LibreOffice 4.0.3 is now available for the Linux platform, bringing a lot of bug fixes and improvements.As a side note from the developers, the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 3.6, but do not run simultaneously.
Highlights of LibreOffice 4.0.3 RC1:
• Import w:tblLayout from the DOCX tables is now supported;
• Comments added to the footer are no longer placed at the right top of the page;
• Hyperlinks are no longer missing after closing the document;
• LibreOffice no remembers the settings for the "Hierarchy" of the Styles and Formatting dialog;
• A crash, that occurred when trying shortcuts in the printing dialog, has been fixed.
Check out the official changelog for a complete list of updates and new features.
Download LibreOffice 4.0.3 RC1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.