The Dark Mod, a standalone Thief-inspired game built on the Doom 3 engine, has reached version 2.01.
The Dark Mod is not a recreation of the original Thief game developed by Looking Glass Studios, it only draws its inspiration from it.
Highlights of The Dark Mod 2.01:
• Several issues surrounding combat have been corrected;
• Some graphical improvements have been implemented for the character models;
• Some technical fixes have also been added;
• An issue with TDM failing to reload missions if your folder was not named “darkmod” has been fixed;
• The player no longer takes double damage from weapons in 2.0;
• It's now harder to avoid weapons by running backwards;
• Combat has been made slightly more forgiving at lower difficulty and harder at the higher difficulties.