Texinfo, the official documentation format of the GNU project that was invented by Richard Stallman and Bob Chassell, is now at version 5.1.According to the developers, Texinfo 5.1 uses a single source file to produce output in a number of formats, both online and printed (dvi, html, info, pdf, xml, etc.)
Highlights of Texinfo 5.1:
• Irregular sectioning trees no longer produces a warning rather than an error;
• @set in the middle of the line no longer produces a warning;
• lzip (.lz) compression is now supported;
• Texinfo commands are supported in node names;
• @-commands are now recognized in raw format blocks;
• A new command named @xrefautomaticsectiontitle has been added to allow the use of section titles in cross references.
Check the changelog for a complete list of improvements.
Download Texinfo 5.1 right now from the Softpedia.