On January 24, François François Dupoux announced a new release of his popular SystemRescueCd Linux-based operating system for rescue and recovery tasks.SystemRescueCd 3.3.0 comes with important changes and improvements, but the most prominent one is the switch to a new version of the LTS Linux kernel.
Highlights of SystemRescueCd 3.3.0:
• The standard kernel is now the Long-Term-Supported linux-3.4.27 (rescuecd + rescue64)
• Alternative Linux kernels have been updated to latest stable version, 3.7.4;
• "waiting for uevents to be processed" has been fixed by upgrading udev to 197-r4;
• XFS Filesystem utilities (xfsprogs-3.1.10 + xfsdump-3.1.2) have been updated;
• sys-fs/fuse-exfat-1.0.0 has been added (exFAT filesystem FUSE module);
• The Network-Manager applet has been fixed in the graphical environment
For more details, take a look at the official changelog here.
Download SystemRescueCd 3.3.0 right now from Softpedia.