A software to securely erase disks was added to the OS
On December 5, François François Dupoux announced a new release of his popular SystemRescueCd Linux-based operating system for rescue and recovery tasks.SystemRescueCd 3.1.2 comes with important changes and improvements, but the most prominent one is the switch to a new version of the LTS Linux kernel.
Highlights of SystemRescueCd 3.1.2:
• The standard kernel is now the Long-Term-Supported linux-3.2.34 (rescuecd + rescue64)
• Alternative Linux kernels have been updated to latest stable version, 3.6.9;
• ModemManager 0.6.0.0 has been added because it provides improved broadband management libraries;
• The btrfs filesystem utilities were updated to 0.20 RC1;
• Support for samba-based autorun scripts has been added;
• app-crypt/nwipe, a program used to securely erase disks, has been added to the distribution.
For more details, take a look at the official changelog here.
Download SystemRescueCd 3.1.2 right now from Softpedia.