The distro is now powered by Linux kernel 3.2.28 and 3.4.9
François Dupoux proudly announced a few hours ago, September 3rd, the immediate availability for download of the SystemRescueCd 3.0.0 Linux-based operating system for rescue and recovery tasks.Highlights of SystemRescueCd 3.0.0:
· Added support for loading extra SRM module files (System Rescue Modules);
· Added support for UEFI booting from the CD on the 64-bit architecture;
· Updated the standard Linux kernel package to the Long-Term-Supported (LTS) 3.2.28 (with rescuecd and rescue64);
· Updated the alternative Linux kernel packages to the Long-Term-Supported (LTS) 3.4.9 (with altker32 and altker64);
· Renamed rescuecd kernel image to rescue32;
· isolinux automatically uses the 64-bit kernel if CPU is capable;
· 64-bit versions of FSArchiver and Memtester are automatically used if CPU is capable;
· Updated help messages and isolinux configuration;
· Added pssh 2.2.1;
· Added open-vm-tools;
· Updated e2fsprogs to version 1.42.5;
· Updated GParted to version 0.13.1;
· Updated Partclone to version 0.2.50.
For more details take a look at the official changelog here.
Download SystemRescueCd 3.0.0 right now from Softpedia.