Suricata, a high-performance Network IDS, IPS and Network Security Monitoring engine that is open source and owned by a community-run non-profit foundation – the Open Information Security Foundation (OISF), is now at version 1.4 RC1.
Highlights of Suricata 1.4 RC1:
• An interactive unix socket mode has been added;
• IP Reputation (loading and matching) is now available;
• The improved --list-keywords command line option now gives detailed info for supported keyword, including the doc link;
• User-Agent added to file log and filestore meta files;
• Several fixes found by code analyzers have been implemented.
A complete list of changes and new features is available in the official changelog.
Download Suricata 1.4 Beta 2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.