Syder Arcade, a side-scrolling shooter developed by Studio Evil and published by Meridian4, has been released on Steam for Linux.
There aren't many side scrolling shooters on the Linux platform and the addition of Syder Arcade is more than welcomed. The game has passed through Steam Greelinght with flying colours.
“Killing zombies never gets old, but sometimes you just need a break. Get back to some serious old-school gaming with Syder Arcade! Syder Arcade is a love letter to Amiga games of the ‘90s, no coins, no upgrade grinding, just your tenacity and a motherload of alien invaders,” reads the game synopsis.
The latest patch issued for Syder Arcade by Studio Evil has brought the coveted Linux support, alongside with a few other changes.
Highlights of the latest Syder Arcade patch:
• Linux support has been implemented;
• A new playable ship called The Overseer is now available;
• 2 new challenge levels, The Lighthouse and Ice Canyon, have been added;
• 3 new Achievements have been added;
• Various other balance fixes and improvements have been added.
Check the official Steam website for more details. Also, the game benefits from a 50% discount until January 2.