The distribution benefits from an updated Linux kernel and a new Pear OS Software Center
Pear Linux, a French distribution based on Ubuntu, without Unity or Gnome, that aims to provide an experience out of the box, is now at version 7.The new and improved Pear Linux 7 is based on Ubuntu 12.10, but it doesn't have Unity or GNOME. The interface is called Pear Linux Shell and it's based on Wingpanel and plank.
Highlights of Pear Linux 7:
• Linux kernel was updated to version 3.5. Linux kernel 3.7.10 and 3.8.5 are available in the repositories;
• LibreOffice was updated to version 4.0.1;
• The Pear OS Software Center has been added;
• A cleaning system was added;
• A new Pear Linux theme and a new icon theme have been added.
A complete list of changes and new features can be found in the official announcement.
Download Pear Linux 7 right now from Softpedia.