Siege, an open source regression test and benchmark utility that can stress a single URL with a user-defined number of simulated users, is now at version 3.0.0 Beta 3.
Siege 3.0.0 Beta 3 reports the total number of hits recorded, bytes transferred, response time, concurrency, and return status. Most of the options can be modified from the command line.
Highlights of Siege 3.0.0 Beta 3:
• Wunused-value has been added to the application;
• Siege now uses a new hash API;
• The homegrown algorithm has been replaced with FNV;
• Some remnants from the 2.xx architecture have been cleaned;
• Documentation has been added for ftp-unique.
More details about this release can be found in the official announcement.
Download Siege 3.0.0 Beta 3 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.