Stellarium 0.12.0, a free open-source planetarium app that shows a realistic sky in 3D, just like what can be seen with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope, has been officially released.
Highlights of Stellarium 0.12.0:
• A new rendering engine has been implemented. Users can now see shadows on planets surfaces;
• A new key-binding engine has been added and all key bindings can now be edited;
• Improvements to scripting engine have been implemented;
• The DSO has received various improvements;
• The search tool has been improved;
• The accuracy for archaeo-astronomical events has been improved;
• A large number of bug fixes have been implemented and the GUI has been reworked.
A complete changelog of Stellarium 0.12.0 can be found in the official announcement. The developers have also recommended that the users reset all Stellarium settings.
Download Stellarium 0.12.0 right now from Softpedia.