The latest version of the Steam for Linux client can be downloaded from Softpedia
Steam for Linux, the digital distribution platform developed by Valve, has just received an important update and gets a little closer to a stable release.Steam for Linux is still in the Beta stage of development and Valve is making a lot of changes to the client.
Highlights of Steam for Linux:
• Closing URL open dialog in friends chats with cancel hotkey/button is now supported;
• Steam no longer creates a bad Desktop file on systems with localized Desktop directory;
• A bug in with text wrapping when it shouldn’t happen, has been fixed;
• Pending friend invites showing up as background of community rather than actual friends, has been fixed;
• Perf loading community tab background/friends list has been improved.
A complete list of changes can be found in the official announcement. Keep in mind that this is Beta software, so problems are bound to appear.
Download Steam for Linux 18.104.22.168 right now from Softpedia.