SparkyLinux, a lightweight, fast and simple Linux distribution designed for both old and new computers featuring customized Enlightenment and LXDE desktops, is now at version 2.1 RC1.
SparkyLinux 2.1 RC1 “Eris” Ultra Edition was built on Debian testing branch “Wheezy” and synchronized with Debian testing repositories of 08/01/2013.
Highlights of SparkyLinux 2.1 RC1:
• Fluxbox and Openbox desktop environments have been added;
• LibreOffice was replaced by Abiword & Gnumeric;
• Icedove was replaced by Claws-mail;
• Iceweasel was replaced by Chromium;
• Evince was replaced by Xpdf;
• Lxterminal was replaced by Xterm.
A complete list of changes and new features can be found in the official announcement.
Download SparkyLinux 2.1 RC1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.