SparkyLinux, a lightweight, fast and simple Linux distribution designed for both old and new computers featuring customized Enlightenment and LXDE desktops, is now at version 2.1 RC.
SparkyLinux 2.1 RC “Eris” Main Edition system is built, just like as all 2.x releases, on Debian testing “Wheezy.”
Highlights of SparkyLinux 2.1 RC Main Edition:
• Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.2.35;
• Enlightenment desktop environment has been updated to version 0.17.1;
• All packages have been updated;
• The USB Live system now works;
• Full system installation can be done from the USB stick;
• A new wallpaper and a LaGaDesk-BlackWhite icon set were added;
• 12 new Enlightenment’s themes have been added.
A complete list of changes and new features can be found in the official announcement.
Download SparkyLinux 2.1 RC right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.