SparkyLinux 2.1 RC with MATE desktop environment, a lightweight, fast and simple Linux distribution designed for both old and new computers, was announced by the SparkyLinux team of developers.
SparkyLinux 2.1 RC for MATE (Gnome 2 fork) has been made available for download. Just like it's other stable brothers, this particular distribution is built on Debian Wheezy, which is the testing branch.
Highlights of SparkyLinux 2.1 RC “Eris” MATE Edition:
• SparkyLinux 2.0, 2.0.1 and 2.1 MATE beta 1 (Live) contain an error that prevents wireless network configuration, partition mounting and switching between Live desktops (e17/LXDE and Ultra Fluxbox/Openbox 2.1 rc);
• All packages have been upgraded as usully from Debian testing repo;
• Opera web browser’s public key has been added and it can be installed now via package manager;
• The ConkyEdit menu activator has been added;
• A new LaGaDesk-BlackWhite icon set has been added and it’s set for default.
Check out the official announcement for a complete list features and instructions.
Download SparkyLinux 2.1 Beta 1 for MATE right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.