SparkyLinux, a lightweight, fast and simple Linux distribution designed for both old and new computers featuring customized Enlightenment and LXDE desktops, is now at version 2.0.1.SparkyLinux 2.0.1 is based on Debian testing “Wheezy” and all the packages have been synchronized with Debian testing repos of 12/12/2012. It was also dubbed “Game Over.”
Highlights of SparkyLinux 2.0.1:
• The distribution is based on Linux kernel 3.2;
• Iceweasel, VLC, Leafpad, Pidgin, Transmission, XChat and a few really important apps have been implemented;
• Flash, Java, multimedia codecs, and the VLC plugin are available for the Iceweasel browser;
• Desura, Steam Beta, Wine, and PlayOnLinux are available by default (hence the codename);
• A huge number of games, including 0 A.D, Tux Racer, Warzone 2100, and Wesnoth, are included in the distribution.
A complete list of changes and new features can be found in the official announcement.
Download SparkyLinux 2.0.1 right now from Softpedia.