SoundKonverter, a frontend to various audio converters that can be used for different tasks including CD ripping, is now at version 2.0.0 RC 1.
SoundKonverter 2.0.0 RC 1 supports a large number of formats, such as flac, mp3, m4a, wma, ac3, and many others. If the user tries to convert a file that is not supported, the application will inform them which backend needs installation.
Highlights of SoundKonverter 2.0.0 RC 1:
• The option to not modify the audio stream of mp3 files when calculating Replay Gain has been added;
• The libav plugin has been added;
• Modify mp3 stream when forcing the recalculation of Replay Gain;
• Don't try to calculate Replay Gain if it is impossible;
• Sox effects are now working properly;
• A crash which occurred when encoding with sox and without filters has been fixed;
• Calculate Replay Gain if there is only one track in the album.
Check out the official announcement for a complete list of updates, changes, and new features.
Download SoundKonverter 2.0.0 RC 1 right now from Softpedia.