The latest version of Snort can be downloaded from Softpedia
Snort, an open source network intrusion prevention and detection system (IDS/IPS) developed by Sourcefire, which combines the benefits of signature, protocol, and anomaly-based inspection, is now at version 188.8.131.52.Highlights of Snort 184.108.40.206:
• Now only a single build supports both IPv4 & IPv6 and the IPv4 "only" code paths have been removed;
• Improvements to the file processing for HTTP downloads have been implemented;
• Email attachments via SMTP, POP, and IMAP now have broader file support;
• Address space ID is now used for tracking Frag & Stream connections;
• An API call to add a service to a host in the attribute table has been added;
• The unused live attribute update code has been removed.
Check out the complete changelog for a comprehensive list of updates and new features.
Download Snort 220.127.116.11 right now from Softpedia.