SmartGit, a graphical client for the version control systems Git and Mercurial with optimized workflows for multiple platforms, is now at version 4.0.2.
SmartGit provides some very important features such as local working tree operations, push, pull, fetch for all protocols, tag and branch management, and much more.
Highlights of SmartGit 4.0.2:
• Tooltip for annotated tags give information on the tag itself;
• Set Tracked Branch uses "git --set-upstream-to" for Git >= 1.8;
• Added system property "smartgit.github.url" to provide the complete URL of a local GitHub server;
• Added system properties "smartgit.pull.defaultToRebase" and "smartgit.pull.defaultToRememberDefault";
• Added Remote dialog: suggested user@server:port as name, if these are part of the URL;
• Current project is not preselected correctly if it had a collapsed parent node.
Check out the complete changelog for a list of bugfixes.
Download SmartGit 4.0.2 right now from Softpedia.