Absolute, an x86 Linux distribution based upon Slackware that concentrates on making sure that Internet, multimedia, document, and general home use works out of the box, is now at version 14.04.
As expected, the Absolute Linux operating system is designed to be lightweight, to run on older hardware, and to make the interface simple and intuitive.
Highlights of Absolute Linux 14.04:
• LibreOffice was updated to version 3.6.4;
• The "startup" file has been tweaked in order to make sure everything runs as a background process;
• The old battery monitor setup script has been removed;
• A script called setBatMon has been included in /xap/cbatticon package;
• If the screen is idle for a certain period, the OS turns it off.
Check out the official changelog for a complete list of updates.
Download Absolute Linux 14.04 right now from Softpedia.