Slacko Puppy, a distribution built from Slackware 14.0 binary TXZ packages, featuring binary compatibility with Slackware and access to the Slackware, Salix and Slacky package repositories, is now at version 5.6.
Slacko 5.6 is available with a choice of kernels, 3.4.52 compiled for processors that do not support PAE, and 3.10.5 for processors that do.
Highlights of Slacko Puppy 5.5:
• The Updates Manager has been improved;
• The graphics support has been improved, with KMS and Mesa;
• Proprietary video driver upgrades are now available for Nvidia and AMD/ATI graphics for new and legacy cards;
• Ffmpeg 2.0 support has been implemented;
• Abiword has been updated to version 2.9.4;
• A lot of packages have been updated.