Skype proudly announced today, June 14th, that Skype 4.0 for Linux operating systems has been released and it’s available for download.
After so many years in development, Skype comes with a major stable release of its amazing software, Skype 4.0, bringing lots of new features that already existed on other supported platforms.
Highlights of Skype 4.0:
· Unified window thanks to the new Conversations View, allowing users to easily track their chats (the old view can still be enabled from the Chat options);
· A brand new Call View;
· Better call quality;
· Improved video call quality;
· Support for more webcams;
· Better chat synchronization;
· New emoticon icons and presence;
· Ability to store and view phone numbers on a contact's profile;
· Faster load times of chat history;
· Support for Czech and Norwegian languages;
· Fixed overall stability.
Download Skype 4.0 for Linux right now from Softpedia.