A new LXDE desktop is also available besides KDE and GNOME
Skolelinux, a Linux distribution based on Debian, providing an out-of-the box environment of a completely configured school network, is now at version 6.0.4.Developers of Skolelinux have advised users to upgrade using the apt-get upgrade command, via a terminal.
Highlights of Skolelinux 6.0.4:
· LWAT was replaced with GOsa² as the LDAP administration interface;
· Artwork and the new Debian Edu / Skolelinux logo were updated;
· A new LXDE desktop option, in addition to KDE (default) and GNOME is now available;
· A faster LTSP client boot was implemented;
· Handing of removable media on thin clients was improved;
· New roaming workstation profile for laptops are available;
· Full Samba NT4 domain support for Windows XP/Vista/7;
· Documentation updates added in the manual.
Download Skolelinux 6.0.4 right now from Softpedia.