The developers have implemented five desktop environments
Siduction 2013.1, a Linux distribution that ships with four desktop environments, KDE, XFCE LXDE, GNOME and Razor-Qt, for both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures, has been announced.Siduction 2013.1 has been dubbed Firestarter and is based on Debian's unstable branch. The developer’s goal is to try and release snapshots quarterly.
“The released images are a snapshot of Debian unstable, that also goes by the name of Sid, from 2013-05-20. They are enhanced with some useful packages and scripts, our own installer and a custom patched version of the linux-kernel 3.9.3, accompanied by X-Server 1.12.4-6,” reads the official announcement.
Highlights of Siduction 2013.1:
• GNOME has been shipped as an official desktop environment;
• noX is now included as default;
• Xfce has been updated to version 4.10;
• Razor-Qt 0.5.2 has been included in the operating system;
• akonadi-backend has been changed from SQlite to MySQL;
• gnome-fallback, which implements the GNOME2 look, is available as default;
Check out the official announcement for a complete list of changes and updates.
Download Siduction 2013.1 right now from Softpedia.