Scientific Linux, a recompiled Red Hat Enterprise Linux put together by various labs and universities around the world, is now at version 6.4.
Scientific Linux 6.4 has finally arrived and, surprisingly, it's not all that different from the 6.3 version. The distribution features some changes, but there's nothing major.
Highlights of Scientific Linux 6.4:
• The OpenAFS kernel module package has changed for this version;
• yum-conf-sl6x is now installed by default;
• yum-conf-sl-other now has an entry for the 'sl-addons' repo;
• A new xorg-x11-server ABI has been added;
• The the matahari packages have been discontinued;
• The red colors from the plymouth theme have been removed for the text mode;
• Scientific Linux install classes have been added;
• The TUV's support URL has been removed.
A complete list of changes and improvements can be found in the official announcement.
Download Scientific Linux 6.4 right now from Softpedia.